Goal Countdown

Monday, June 10, 2013

The journey begins...


Now that our little bundle of joy is here, the journey to lose the baby weight has now began The real issue is that I have to lose weight to my pre-pre-pregnancy weight of 175lbs(79.3kgs). That is my long term goal. On the day that I checked in for the c-section birth of Idaishe on March 20th, I weighed a staggering 250lbs (113.4kgs) which was just 16lbs from my pre-pregnancy weight. For someone who is considered obese, that was a good weight gain. That is the heaviest I have ever been and I was determined more than ever to lose weight.

The thing about having a baby is that it is a lifestyle change on its own. I know that diets dont work but lifestyle changes do so I vowed to make time for myself as we adjusted to the new love of our lives. I started walking at about 5 weeks and have worked up to the occasional jogging. My legs are getting stronger day by day. Today I finally broke 100kgs, I have lost the baby weight from #2 so now we battle baby weight from #1.

So now the journey begins, I will remember that the weight took 9 months to put on so I should not be disheartened when I don't see results immediately. It just so happens that the end of the 9 months post-baby coincides with my 30th birthday (yikes) so here's to me being a yummy mummy.

I will be blogging about my routine and progress. Today I weighed in at 219lbs(99.8kgs) and I will check in next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment