I survived the first week of Insanity….YAY me!
This workout is just that, insanity at its best. That Shaun T surely is crazy to come up with such an intense workout. I felt my muscles responding after the fit test, I knew then that this was going to be an interesting one. I barely made it through most of the rotations but I could feel myself get stronger as the week went by. I even found some muscles I did not even know I had, lol.
In the middle of the week I stepped on the scale and noticed that I had added 2 pounds to the scale and I was a little annoyed. I choked it up to poor eating habits since these workouts are really increasing my appetite but I have not been dieting. I did some research and found out that it is very common to add a few pounds the first couple of weeks into an exercise program because your muscles are “bruised” and tend to retain water in order to heal themselves. After a couple of weeks the scale will start to go down. I did check my weight today and sure enough the scale is going down. I will make a better assessment of how much this program works for weight loss at the end of month 1.
The exciting thing that happened is that IJ started doing Insanity too. That is so amazing and I believe that we can push each other to finish the program. I wake up at 5:30am to work out and he has been doing this after work. He works up quite a sweat and I really think he is doing a lot better than I am. I took his measurements and pictures and I will be tracking his progress as well as mine.
I am dreading the workouts, now that I know how intense they are, everyday is really going to be a challenge. This stuff is hard. I am really hoping I will get better at it. I would really like to gain some upper body strength, hope I will be able to do a real push up by the time this is over.
I didnt take definitive measurements, I will do it after the second fit test. As of now, I just have my weight.
Weight: 209.6lbs
# of days active: 6



No comments:
Post a Comment