Goal Countdown

Friday, January 31, 2014

About heart rate...

Yesterday I received the heart rate monitor that I ordered. I was really hoping that it would show me that I burn 800 calories per workout, lol, but instead it showed that I burn around 500 calories per workout. I guess that is still okay. Anyway I was curious to see the zones and how I was doing on the workout. I gathered information from the beachbody.com website about heart rates and this is what I got;


Zone Name                       Percentage of Max HR    Perceived Exertion Difficulty

Z1 Healthy Heart Zone      50%-60%                        2-5 (perceived exertion)

Z2 Temperate Zone           60%-70%                        4-5 (perceived exertion)

Z3 Aerobic Zone               70%-80%                        5-7 (perceived exertion)

Z4 Threshold Zone             80%-90%                        7-9 (perceived exertion)

Z5 Redline Zone                 90%-100%                      9-10 (perceived exertion)

Each heart zone burns a different number of calories per minute based on how fit you are:

Zone 1 = 3-7 calories per minute

Zone 2 = 7-12 calories per minute

Zone 3 = 12-17 calories per minute

Zone 4 = 17-20 calories per minute

Zone 5 = 20+ calories per minute

So, based on my Pure Cardio and Cardio Abs workout, I spent 90%of the workout in the Z3-Z5 range. That being said, the monitor beeped when my heart rate went over 187 which I guess put me at almost 100% of my maximum heart rate which based on the simple calculator of 220- age is 190. I am excited about tracking the number of calories burned, I think that will keep me motivated.

No comments:

Post a Comment